Jacobson Exhibition Center
Iowa High School State Cheerleading Championships
Saturday, November 2, 2019: Iowa State Fairgrounds, Des Moines
Information for Coaches
NEW Information About All ICCA Events:
- All coaches (head and assistants) must be on the membership registration list to participate in ICCA events. This includes volunteer and junior high coaches.
- Every coach must take the rules meeting and the concussion video to participate in ICCA events.
- No choreographers will be allowed in the warm up area of the State Championships. If this is violated the team will receive a sportsmanship violation.
- Any cheerleader involved in a college cheer program many not participate in an ICCA event. (All State Tryouts/All State, State Championships, Honor Squad, All-Stars, Special Olympics, Shrine Bowl (juniors only), Academic Scholarships, and Fall Clinics.)
Important State Championship Information (posted Friday, October 12)
Coaches of teams are required to take the Online Rules Meeting (July 30-August 23, 2018) and Concussion Video Training through the National Federation website. Both must be completed before registering teams for the Championships. See State Championship General Information for more details.
Registration Dates: Online registration. Registration opens August 10 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on September 26, 2019.
Schedules are subject to change until notified.
Schedule Morning 18 (as of Thursday, November 1)
Afternoon Session Jacobson 18 (as of Thursday, November 1)
All performances at the Championships will be held in the Jacobson Exhibition Center. The Walnut Building will be used as a changing area.
Jacobson Building: Doors will open 45 minutes before the Championships begin. Times to be determined.
Admission: $10.00 (under school age children admitted free). Tickets can be purchased at the Jacobson Center (west end). Spectators should be stamped at the main entrance if leaving and coming back.
Bus Parking Map for State Cheer
Bus Drivers: The area typically used for bus parking is under construction, so busses will not be able to park there. See the map for recommended parking. (Fairgrounds staff calls is the “mid-way lot.”)
Apparel, Photography & Videography Order Info
2018 State Championship Apparel
All apparel can be purchased at a lesser cost by ordering ahead of time rather than purchasing the day of the State Championships. The apparel store opens in August.
Pre-paid team pictures and live action shots purchased ahead of time will receive a 25% discount. Live action shots will be taken of those teams who have pre-ordered at least one CD of the shots. No action shots will be taken of teams who have not pre-purchased at least one CD. Just click on the link below and order.
USA Cheer Music Copyrights Educational Initiative
IMPORTANT: The Iowa Cheerleading Coaches Association has received information from the National Federation regarding the playing of copyrighted music at any school cheer event. Copyright laws need to be followed, because they are the law.
ALL COACHES will be required to provide a proof of purchase for the music they will be using for the 2018 State Cheerleading Championships.
Questions about Music Royalty Rights may be directed to: Kenna Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Size by Divisions
(1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A teams may have one male, coed teams may have an unlimited number of males)
1A – up to 12 team members
2A – up to 12 team members
3A – up to 16 team members
4A – up to 20 team members
Coed – up to 25 team members
TIME OUT CHEER:
Any combination of male/female members
1A – up to 16 team members
2A – up to 16 team members
3A – up to 25 team members
4A – up to 25 team members
Group Stunt – up to five female team members
Coed Group Stunt – up to three team members, one male/female couple plus one designated spotter
- 2019 Online Spirit Rules Meeting will open August 5 and close at midnight on August 23, 2019. ALL COACHES in ICCA Events of All-State tryouts, State Championships and Honor Squad must take this rules meeting. Coaches must also take the National Federation Concussion Video. Print the certificate at the end to send with ICCA registration paperwork.
- 2019 ICCA Event Registration opens August 10 and closes at midnight on September 26. Register your school early for your school’s payment processing.
- ICCA Event Mailing Fees Deadline: October 3, 2019.]
- New for 2019: Choreographers will NOT be allowed to go through the warm up at the State Championships. Schools allowing their choreographer to go through the warm up area is subject to a sportsmanship penalty.
- Cheer Music Copyrights Information
2018 State Championship Rubrics
For Questions regarding RULES, e-mail Erin Taylor at email@example.com.
Championships Cancellation Policy
In the event that the State Championships need to be cancelled (i.e., bad weather), the ICCA Executive Directors will be the ones to cancel the ICCA State Cheerleading Championships. No refunds will be given if the Championships are cancelled. Also, no refunds will be given if the Championships are held and a school chooses not to attend and/or is unable to attend.