ICCA offers $500 scholarships to high school senior cheerleaders who display outstanding scholastic achievement. For more information, please read below or contact JoEllen Wesselmann at email@example.com.
ATTENTION COACHES: You will receive scholarship information via e-mail each December.
Click here to print out a scholarship application, and carefully read the High School Scholarship Guidelines listed below before sending it in.
All Scholarships will be mailed the first week of August.
High School Scholarship Guidelines:
- One-year, non-renewable scholarships, in the amount of $500, will be awarded to graduating cheerleaders in the Class of the current graduation year.
- Applicant’s coach must be a present member of the ICCA.
- Applicant must have a cumulative 3.5 grade point average or above by the end of his/her junior year (DO NOT round up to 3.5).
- Applicant must follow all scholarship guidelines.
- Complete all information on white paper using dark print.
Guidelines for Scholarship Application
- Include completed basic application form. It MUST HAVE coach’s signature. (Send 1 copy) Click here to print out a scholarship application.
- Include ONE PAGE listing high school, community, and religious activities; and honors received (Cheer coach must verify this list with signature. Send 3 copies)
- Include ONE PAGE essay covering the statement, “What I have gained from cheerleading and how it will help me in the future.” (Send 3 copies)
- Include ONE PAGE letters of recommendations, ONE from each of the following:
-OTHER (e.g. teacher, community leader, etc.)
- Recommendations should deal with applicant’s responsibility, leadership qualities, contributions to team and school spirit, and special qualities. (Send 3 copies of each letter).
- Include a letter from High School Guidance Counselor, indicating grade point average through the end of junior year. This should be signed by Guidance Counselor and Principal. This letter does NOT qualify as a letter of recommendation. Do NOT send official transcripts.
- Coaches should mail all application materials in ONE PACKAGE postmarked by
February 1, (note: due to a large number of schools being dismissed during the recent inclement weather, the ICCA Scholarship Deadline has now been moved to Friday, February 15, 2019. Scholarships out be postmarked by February 15) of the current year to:
1006 NE Otter Ridge Circle
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS!
***Those applications contrary to the above stated directions will not be considered for scholarship awards.***
- The ICCA Scholarship committee will review complete application materials and select the recipients.
- Recipients will be notified by March 15, of the current year.
- For further information, call JoEllen Wesselmann at 515-494-3541 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017-18 ICCA Scholarship Winners:
State Competition: ($250 each)
Alec Giesking, Albion
Samantha Miller, Glenwood
Brooke Miller, Cedar Rapids
Honor Squad: ($250 each)
Grace Harms, Cedar Rapids
Gabriela Martin, Marion
All-Stars – ($250 awarded)
Aubrey Brauch, Ames
All-State – ($250 awarded)
Emily Wilkerson, ADM
Academic Scholarships ($500 each)
Audrey Kolacia, Fort Dodge St. Edmonds
Hanna Schmitt, Waucoma
Gabrielle Struchen, Jewell