Address: 1006 NE Otter Ridge Circle, Ankeny, IA 50021
ICCA offers $500 scholarships to high school senior cheerleaders who display outstanding scholastic achievement. For more information, please read below. Contact JoEllen Wesselmann with questions you may have.
Click here to print out a scholarship application, and carefully read the High School Scholarship Guidelines listed below before sending it in.
All Scholarships will be mailed the first week of August.
High School Scholarship Guidelines:
- One-year, non-renewable scholarships, in the amount of $500, will be awarded to graduating cheerleaders in the Class of the current graduation year.
- Applicant’s coach must be a present member of the ICCA.
- Applicant must have a cumulative 3.5 grade point average or above by the end of his/her junior year (DO NOT round up to 3.5).
- Applicant must follow all scholarship guidelines.
- Complete all information on white paper using dark print.
Guidelines for Scholarship Application
- Include completed basic application form. It MUST HAVE coach’s signature. (Send 1 copy) Click here to print out a scholarship application.
- Include ONE PAGE listing high school, community, and religious activities; and honors received (Cheer coach must verify this list with signature. Send 3 copies)
- Include ONE PAGE essay covering the statement, “What I have gained from cheerleading and how it will help me in the future.” (Send 3 copies)
- Include ONE PAGE letters of recommendations, ONE from each of the following:
-OTHER (e.g. teacher, community leader, etc.)
- Recommendations should deal with applicant’s responsibility, leadership qualities, contributions to team and school spirit, and special qualities. (Send 3 copies of each letter).
- Include a letter from High School Guidance Counselor, indicating grade point average through the end of junior year. This should be signed by Guidance Counselor and Principal. This letter does NOT qualify as a letter of recommendation. Do NOT send official transcripts.
- Coaches should mail all application materials in ONE PACKAGE postmarked by February 15 of the current school year to:
1006 NE Otter Ridge Circle
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS!
***Those applications contrary to the above stated directions will not be considered for scholarship awards.***
- The ICCA Scholarship committee will review complete application materials and select the recipients.
- Recipients will be notified by April 1 of the current year.
- For further information, call JoEllen Wesselmann at 515-494-3541 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 ICCA Academic Scholarship Winners
Zohara Assadipour, Fort Dodge St. Edmond, Coach Amber Barwin
Allison Hugen, Albia, Coach Jennie Porter
Corinne Tarbell, Grand View Christian, Coach Emma Janssen
2018-2019 ICCA All Academic Squad
2018 State Championship Scholarship Winners
1A — Wayne (Corydon)
2A — Central Lyon, Rock Rapids
3A — Boone
4A — Johnston
2018 Honor Squad Scholarship Winners
Mackenzie Hester — Alburnett
Haley Snedeker — Newell-Fonda
2019 All State Scholarship Winner
Ellie Yoder — Fort Dodge
2019 All STARS Scholarship winner
Jenna Bachus — Solon