Fall Rules Meeting August 2 – 26, 2021
Winter Rules Meeting Oct. 25 – Nov. 29, 2021
(Meetings close at midnight on the last day.)
It was brought to our attention Monday that there were some technical issues with our Online Rules Meeting. We apologize if you have been trying to get this completed. Unfortunately, we could not fix the issues immediately. Please reference the Google Slides document posted here for the correct information.
Slides 2, 4, and 5: No sound
Slides 21, 25, 28, and 43: Incorrect voice over
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. ~ ICCA Board of Directors
** PLEASE NOTE!!! This Rules Meeting addresses all aspects of cheerleading but it does NOT address cheering during a pandemic. It is important to note that (as of Friday, July 31) there is still NO STUNTING. This video is for your information, and the stunting information should be learned for when we can go back to stunting. Again, just because there is stunting on the video does not mean we are allowed to for the time being. NO STUNTING IS ALLOWED AT THIS TIME.
- Each year one current National Federation spirit rules book is provided to every high school. This book must be shared by both fall and winter coaches at all levels.
- The Iowa High School Athletic Association will have a limited number of books available for purchase at $10 each. If you need a current rules book, please contact Elisa Kahler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An E-book for mobile devices may be downloaded for $6.99 from iTunes or Amazon at www.nfhs.org/ebooks.
Online Rules Meeting
- The National Federation Spirit Rules Meetings are held ONLINE. All coaches are encouraged to complete this rules meeting as soon as possible, preferably BEFORE your first practice.
- As with other sports, rules meetings will continue to be held online for the to make it easier for ALL coaches and choreographers to obtain needed safety and liability information. The 2019-2020 rules meeting dates are coordinated with the other sports.
- Coaches with cheerleaders planning to participate in the All-State tryouts, State Competition, and Honor Squad MUST complete the fall rules meeting – NO EXCEPTIONS! State Competition coaches should ask their choreographers to watch the rules meeting, although coaches are still ultimately responsible for the safety and legality of rules for their squads.
- Another rules meeting, which MAY NOT be used for fall ICCA event registration because it occurs after the registration deadline, will be held from October 28 – December 2, 2019.
- Please complete the rules meeting before attending a free clinic since time will be made available to answer rule questions.
Procedures for Completing the Online Rules Meeting
- Coaches: Be sure to have the National Federation rules book, paper to take notes, and a writing instrument when you view the rules video; the video refers to the rules book throughout.
- Only one person per computer is allowed, since only one name may be on the verification form at the end of the meeting.
- Next, select your school in the pull down tab. Watch the meeting. Finally, log out of the meeting by typing your name and your specific coaching position at your school (head football, middle school basketball and wrestling, comp coach, etc).
- ** Be sure to print complete and print the rules meeting verification form at the end of the online rules meeting. Each coach should print three copies of the verification form – one copy is for the coach’s files, one copy is submitted to the ICCA with registration paperwork, and one copy is given to the school’s athletic director to place in the coach’s file.
- Once a meeting deadline has passed, the rules meeting will still be available for coaches to watch, but it will not be available for rules meeting attendance since a verification form may not be completed.
- Coaches are asked to only verify rules meeting attendance once, not each time it is viewed.
- If you have any problems viewing the online rules meeting, please contact Jared Chizek at IHSAA (email@example.com). If you have any questions about the rules themselves, please contact Erin Taylor of ICCA (firstname.lastname@example.org).