Today’s Top News
DEADLINE FOR PAPERWORK AND PAYMENTS FOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, ALL STATE,
and HONOR SQUAD:
5:00 p.m. on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2021
P.O. Box 14
Winterset, IA 50273
1. Start at HOME (in the upper right hand corner) and read before entering any information!!
2. FORMS — Here is where you can register for 2021-2022 ICCA Membership; enter information for 21-22 ICCA State Championships, All State, and Honor Squad; and turn in required paperwork for event registration. IMPORTANT!!! Once you have submitted your information, it CANNOT be changed. (Go back to HOME for clarification!!)
3. HELP contains Videos that will guide you through the registration process!!! You can also use the CHAT function under CONTACT.
4. BACK TO THE ICCA takes you to the ICCA website, in the case you need further information.
All State Tryouts
Links for All State Tryouts will be posted TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21. They will be posted here!
State Championship Apparel
Our State Championship Apparel Online Store is now open!
Starting on June 1, 2021 ICCA will re-open stunting to schools across Iowa with the following guidelines. We strongly encourage that your school follow guidelines set by your school and county.
- Schools that require masks will be able to stunt but may NOT perform:
- Twisting stunts – Including twist ups, twist downs, and twisting basket tosses. Cradles and straight up baskets that don’t twist are allowed.
- Inversions – Including single stunts and pyramids that include inversions.
- Once the mask mandate at your school is lifted, you may resume stunting as normal.
- ICCA highly recommends that each coach communicate with their athletic director in regards to their school mask mandates.
- For safety reasons, coaches must follow stunt progressions.
Additional considerations/recommendations from USA Cheer
- Use proper physical distancing to minimize contact.
- Limit contact between groups at exits and entrances by staggering arrival/departure times between cohort groups (individual stunt groups, teams, etc.) and designating separate entrances and exits when possible.
- Avoid congregating before, during, and after practice.
- Contact and physical distancing should follow all local health directives.
- Stunting should only occur when local directives allow contact in sport.
It is ultimately the decision of the individual school district whether stunting occurs or not. Schools do NOT have to stunt.
Please remember that this is a fluid situation and things can change rapidly. Everyone needs to be flexible. Again, communication with your school administration will be crucial regarding when changes can be made.
Please Review the Spirit Rule Comments Below
When performing braced flips in a pyramid the top persons hands/arms must be in continuous contact with a bracer. In the cases of a single bracer, there must be a hand/arm connection between both hands/arms of the top person and the bracer.
Switch ups are permitted as long as they are caught by the original bases.
A cheerleader involved in a college cheer program may NOT participate in an ICCA Event. These events include: All-State Tryouts, State Championships, Honor Squad, All-Stars, Special Olympics, Shrine Bowl (juniors only), Academic Scholarship, and Fall Clinics.